Scheduling tasks allows you to automate future updates to the products, pages, and feeds within your store. This feature is great for future promotions or discount campaigns, removing products or adding them on specific dates, or changing the information displayed on specific products and feeds.
Viewing Existing Tasks
To view the tasks that have already been scheduled, start by selecting the Scheduled tasks tab on the left, then the Products & add store updates tab.
By default, the existing and past scheduled tasks will display in the Scheduled tasks section. The following information displays:
- Search by Task ID - Find a task directly by entering the ID number.
- ID Number - The number assigned to the task when it is created.
- Name - The name that is given to the task when it is created.
- Target - The products, feeds, or banners specified within the task.
- Created By - The username of who created the task.
- Start - The start date specified for the task to begin.
- End - The end date specified for the when the task will end.
- Status - Status can be Ongoing, Pending, Success, or Deleted.
- Ongoing has no end date.
- Pending is an upcoming scheduled task that has not started.
- Success are tasks that have been completed.
- Deleted is a removed scheduled task.
- Project - The name of the store in which the tasks are assigned.
- Territory - Will show the specific assigned territory for the task to take place. If the task is for all territories or global, this section will remain blank.
- Executed - Currently disabled. Displays 0.
- Nb Action - Number of tasks that actions were completed on.
If you know the Task ID number for the scheduled task that you would like to view, enter it in the Task ID field and select the Go button. This will take you directly into the individual task information to view and update if necessary.
To search the product by name instead of ID, use the search field on the top right of displayed results:
You may also open the scheduled task info directly from the displayed results by selecting the name of the campaign.
After selecting the task, the task will display the following information:
- Give a name to this task - Enter the task name in this field.
- Schedule a rollback to the current values - If you would like the task's values to return back to the values that they were before the task, switch "Off" to "On". This will restore to the original values assigned to the task and create an end date for the task.
- Territories where it applies - Select the territory or territories where the task will apply.
- When the task must be performed - Select the start date and time for when the task will take place. If rollback to current values is turned off, the task updates will remain until changed.
- Project where it applies - The store, brand, or mono-store associated to the task.
- Task status - Can be Success, Ongoing, or Deleted.
If the task has not started, each of the details can edited and saved.
Adding a New Scheduled Task
To add a new scheduled task, go to the left hand side under the Advanced tab, then Scheduled Tasks, then +Add Task.
After completing the fields that are covered in "Viewing Existing Tasks", click the +Add a new setting button.
After clicking +Add a new setting, a drop down will appear with the following type of task selections:
- Product - Targets the product to change or update by product ID.
- Slideshow - Targets home banner or home slideshow for the scheduled update.
- Feed - Targets a specified feed, or category of products, for the scheduled update.
- Menu - Targets the items in the navigation menu of the store.
- Categories - Targets the categories allowing you to change the visibility of banners on specific category pages.
To schedule a task for one product or more, select Product from the type drop down. The Target field appears, enter the product ID of the product that will need the scheduled changes to apply.
Only one product ID per setting can be entered. See Multiple Settings below for more information.
After entering the product ID in the Target field, click the "Load" button.
Once the product loads, the Settings field allows you to select a setting. Product settings include:
- Price - Enables to change the price of the product.
- Title - Enables to change the title of the product in different languages. This title appears in the product page.
- Title (home) - Enables to change the title of the product in different languages. This home title appears in the category page (it can be different of product page title).
- Short description - Enables to change the short description of the product in different languages.
- Long description - Enables to change the long description of the product in different languages.
- Instructions/install notes - Enables to change the Instructions or Install notes of the product in different languages. This current section is located inside Other Info on the product page.
- Requirements - Enables to change the requirements of the product in different languages. This current section is located inside Other Info on the product page.
- Category - Enables to set (add) or uset (remove) the product from a specific category.
- State - Enables to change the state of the product between validated, invisible, suspended or deleted.
- Promotion (price, strikethrough, timer) - Enables to change the strikethrough price of the product. Discount and Strikethrough selections are not needed since promotion combines them both.
- Global Percent Discount - Set discount price on bundles.
- Force preorder - Enables to set the product as pre-order independent of product stock.
- Force waiting list - Enables to set the product as waiting list independent of product stock
- Loyalty points - Enables to change the loyalty points of the product.
- Loyalty bonus points - Enables to change the loyalty bonus points of the product.
- Stock - Enables to change the stock quantity of the product.
- MSRP - Enables to change the MSRP of the product.
- Note - Enables to add a note to change log, in the product page of Merchant. In this way, every time there is a change through schedule task, it is also possible to add a note on Merchant to inform about the change.
In the example below, the product is an example of a scheduled price change for a product from $37 to $30, to take place between 8/30/18 and 9/08/18 for all countries.
Slideshow & Banners
The next type of task that can be scheduled is for the slideshows, banners, or other image elements within specific pages. Select Slideshow under Type drop-down. After selecting the slideshow drop-down, the Target column allows a drop-down for targeting the slideshow or targeting a banner.
Banners can be a single banner or multiple banners, which make up a slideshow. The banners need to be pre-uploaded into the CMS prior to creating the task or the banner will not be available in the settings selection. If multiple banners need to updated, multiple settings will need to be applied.
NOTE: Dimensions of the banners vary between stores and can be provided by your Account Manager.
After selecting whether the task will be targeting a banner or slideshow (more options will appear if applicable), the Settings drop down will appear with the option for Visibility.
When selecting Visibility, a drop down in the Actions Type column appears displaying a selection for Hide or Show.
If the image already exists, and you would like to schedule a task to remove it, select Hide.
Under the Param column on the right, select the Choose Image button to find the existing image that will be scheduled to hide.
If you would like to have a new image appear on the scheduled date, select Show in the Action type drop down, then select Choose Image.
On the bottom right of the choose image popup, select the Add button on the bottom right of the popup to upload a new image to the task.
Once all of the fields are completed, select the Save button at the bottom to finalize scheduling the task.
Scheduling tasks for feeds enables products to display within specific categories or to be removed. In order to schedule a task for feeds, the feeds will need to be created prior.
After selecting Feed option in the Type column drop down, a Feed ID field will display under the Target column. Enter the existing Feed ID and select the Load button.
Once the feed loads, a drop down will display under the Setting column. The selection includes Adding Products and Remove Products.
If selecting Add products, the Action type column displays Add Product SKU. If selecting Remove products, the Action type column displays Remove Product SKU.
The Param column then requires each of the product SKU's that need to be scheduled for adding or removing from the feed.
Each SKU needs to be separated by a comma, i.e. WS54565,EF12343,AG62353,ER72942,AC142677
Select the Check SKUs button to verify that the SKUs exist. If the SKUs are correct and exist in the store, the button will turn green with a checkbox.
If the SKU's are invalid or do not yet exist in the store, each invalid SKU will appear in an "Error creating/updating your task" message.
When all of the fields are completed, be sure to click the Save button to schedule the task.
The navigation menu tabs can be shown or hidden from visibility via the task scheduler. First select Menu in the drop down under the Type column. Target will autofill with Module. Under setting, select Visibility. Next, under Action type, select Hide if you'd like to hide a tab.
In the Param drop down, you'll then see all of the visible tabs that can be selected to be hidden.
To make invisible or hidden tabs visible, select Show in the Action type column, and the Param drop down will populate with the existing hidden tabs that can be made visible.
Once you've selected the tabs that you'd like to add or remove, click Save.
Multiple Settings within Scheduled Task
Multiple settings can be added within the same scheduled task. If more than one change needs to take place within the same scheduled task, there is no need to schedule separate tasks to occur at the same time.
For example, if an upcoming campaign requires the home page slideshow to change to promote the product that will be on sale, and the pricing of the product needs to display strike-through pricing, it would appear as follows:
Editing Products in Bulk
To update a larger quantity of products, it's best to use the Create product CSV or Import product CSV buttons.
Selecting Create product CSV allows you to download a CSV with the products contained within specific feeds, along with each of the settings that would need to be changed. This is also a great way to create a template to manually add or manage a large quantity of products.
First, the products that you wish to update in bulk need to exist in the same feed. Learn how to create a feed here. When creating a new CSV, a pop-up requires the feed ID containing the products that you wish to update, and the option to have up to four settings changed.
Click the Validate button after the feed ID and at least one setting field is selected.
Selecting Import CSV requires the CSV file to be in the same template format that is generated when selecting Create product CSV. The popup allows you to upload the CSV directly into the scheduled task, which then can be saved.
NOTE: CSV files can contain up to a maximum of 200 rows.
Editing an Existing Scheduled Task
To edit an existing scheduled task, search directly for the task ID or use the search field on the top right of the search results, then select the name of the task.
After the scheduled task opens, select the blue box arrow drop down on the left of the applicable setting to enable its fields for editing.
Update each of the fields as needed, then select the Save button at the bottom to keep the changes.
If multiple settings exist within the scheduled task, any setting can be removed by selecting the blue box down arrow on the left, then selecting Remove.
Removing a Scheduled Task
To remove a scheduled task, go to Advanced, then Scheduled Tasks, then Products & Store Updates tab.
Search for the task by using the search field on the top right of the results, or scroll through the displayed results.
For the campaign that you would like to remove, select the blue box arrow drop-down on the left side. Select the Remove option, which will then delete the scheduled task.
Scheduling tasks is essential to saving you time when making multiple updates to your store's products and the information that your store displays. In example, scheduling tasks are perfect for an upcoming sale, price protection, or to remove a line of products on their last day in stock.