The Settings within your Merchant Back Office allow you to configure features and preferences according to your store's needs. Within this section, user settings and permissions can be managed as well. This section is typically setup for your store by Scalefast prior to launching.
Navigate to the bottom left-hand side Settings tab. After selecting, it will expand with the following tabs:
- Project Settings - Expands to:
- General - Displays your store's merchant number, project ID number, project name, and shopping cart URL (ex: https://store.yourbrand.com)
- Territories & Languages - Define the languages in each existing territory.
- Customer Support - Customer support contact info for your customers, settings can be configured for each territory.
- Analytics - Enter your Google Analytics UA number (ex: UA-xxxxxxx)
- Legal terms - The configuration for your legal terms in multiple languages.
- Notifications - Notifications to customers and notifications to Merchant settings.
- Geo Restriction - Set accessibility configurations for each territory.
- Shipping - Configurations for including/excluding specific territories that you ship to.
- Add New Project - Consult your Account Manager before using this feature.
- Flags - The various flags that can be tagged to each customer account regarding their status.
- User Account - Displays merchant ID, project ID, user ID, your user account email, and your account username.
- Users - Expands to:
- Users-Permissions - View the user permissions that are given to each account who has access to your store's Back Office.
- Roles - Assign specific roles with presets to user accounts existing within your store.
- Preferences - Choose how you would like certain information displayed, i.e. language, price format, number format, etc.
In the General tab, your store's merchant number and project ID are set. The Project name and shopping cart URL can be changed, but is typically not advised without notifying your Account Manager.
Territories & Languages
To define the languages that exist for each territory, go to the Territories & Languages tab. To enable all languages in each territory, switch to YES. For each language that you add under Set the regions / territories, they will be applied to all territories.
If you have specific languages for specific territories, switch the enable all languages in each territory to OFF.
Within the table below the regions/territories drop down, each Region shows their currencies, default language, and additional languages.
Includes the settings for adding your customer support team contact emails for each territory. The FAQ URL's are also available for each language and territory.
NOTE: By default, you will not have permissions for editing the policy/FAQ URLs, consult your Account Manager to coordinate updates to this section.
The Analytics tab contains a field to enter your Google Analytics UA tracking ID. If you have a separate GA property for each territory, use each of the territory tabs to enter the unique territory UA tracking IDs.
Legal terms contains the URLs for your store's policy. By default, you do not have permissions to edit this. Consult your Account Manager if updates are needed.
Notifications are broken down into three sections: Notifications to Customers, Notifications to Merchant, and Other Notifications.
Notifications to Customers contains a field to enter the public no-reply email that will be visible to customers when they receive notifications. The other field is the Sender alias for notifications, which is generally set to your store's name.
The Notifications to Merchant section is for internal notifications to you or specific personnel on your team. To enable notifications for low stock, switch to YES.
In the Recipients address for low stock notifications, enter one or more emails for those who you wish to receive the low stock notifications, separate each address by a comma.
To receive notifications for Back Orders, set toggle button to YES and enter one or more email addresses for those who you wish to receive the back order notifications. Separate each email address by a comma. Notifications for back orders will include:
- Upcoming back order availability date
- Back order product out of stock
The geo-restriction tab allows you to configure who has access to each of the territories on your store. If your store features more than one territory, multiple tabs appear titled by each territory.
Select the territory that you wish to edit, then one of the three options:
- Rest of the World (the selected tab) only
- Rest of the World (the selected tab) and the following territories
The shipping tab allows you to select which territories your products are available to ship to. Generally, this is already setup for you when your store launches, so the settings do not need to be updated. If any updates need to be made to your shipping, consult your Account Manager first.
Flags are used to notate certain orders or customers with their status if needed for internal purposes, management, and tracking.
Start by clicking on the Flags tab. By default, you will see a list of all of the existing flags.
To add a new flag, click the +Add Flag button. A pop up will appear with four fields. The fields include:
- Flags - The custom label for the flag that you wish to create.
- Target - Can set the flag for customers or orders.
- Type - Drop down in Type includes number, string, date, bool, or none.
- Description - An optional description can be included.
Click Validate to save the Flag.
Apply & Edit Flags
Flags can be applied through the Customers tab within the customer account, or within an a specific order number.
The User Account section contains the account information for your user account. This includes the Merchant number, project ID, User ID, and preferred language.
The fields that can be edited are your account email, account username, and language.
Your account email is the same email that allows you access to logging into the Back Office.
If multiple users have access to your store's Merchant Back Office, each of their permissions can be configured to give them specific access to certain features, or all features.
To view all of the existing users, click the Search button.
If you would like to filter to a specific user, the user ID, their name, or email can be entered.
To edit an existing user's permissions, click the pencil icon on the left column.
After selecting the pencil icon, a window will pop up with the user's name and a drop down which contains roles with set user permissions, as well as a custom role.
Each of the pre-determined permissions are:
- Superstar - Will provide admin level permissions.
- Team leads - Some admin level permissions are blocked.
- Customer Service - Allows permissions for users who only need access to Customer Service related features.
- Custom - Can add a single permission or as many as needed.
NOTE: Each of the roles name can be edited.
To create a new role, or edit existing role titles, go to the Roles section.
Select the +New Role button, enter the role name, role description and check box each of the applicable permissions below.
Your Merchant Back Office preferences can be configured in the Preferences tab. Merchant Back-End Preferences include the following:
- Price format
- Number format
- Time format
- Date format
- CSV separator
- When applicable, replace date by "Today" or "Yesterday" - Choose if you want a "Today" or "Yesterday" label over the calendar date.
The settings and configurations section enables you to manage and set your preferences. Easily add users, remove users, designate permissions, and change their roles.