The Download Reports feature allows you to generate various types of reports for different purposes. Each type of report can be configured to contain specific info and time frames, that can be viewed and arranged more in depth once downloading the report.
Start by going to the left-hand side Reports tab, then Download reports.
Under Create reports at the top, select from the drop down of various reports available to download for your store.
By default, your store includes the following:
- Customers report - Filter a list of customers and their info by money spent, quantity of orders, date range when orders were placed, country, SKU, or internal ID.
- Products report - Option to download a list physical, digital, or pre-order only products. Includes all data for product configurations, stock, and associated loyalty points.
- Waiting List - Requires selecting a specific territory first. Displays which titles and the quantity of customers on the waiting list.
- Sales report - Line item report of products, along with their associated order and customer info.
- Revenue report - Line item report of all products sold, with transaction, pricing, and shipping data.
- Keys to Burn report - *Applicable to digital products only** - Generates a list of digital keys that are related to fraudulent or refused orders. This will include both keys that have been used and unused. The report is then sent to the key provider to burn the keys in order for them to be invalid in the future.
After selecting the report that you wish to download, fill in the title field to label the report (optional), then select the Create reports button.
The report and status will appear under the Download Reports section. Status starts as "In queue". Before downloading, it needs to be in "Available" status. If the download continues to display "In queue", refresh the page in your browser.
NOTE: Due to some reports containing more data and larger or smaller date ranges than others, generating time may vary. Continue to refresh periodically until "Available" status displays.
To download the report after generating it, click the green cloud down arrow icon on the left side. This will download your report as an excel file which can be viewed and arranged in further detail.
Generating Customer Reports
To view all customers when generating this report, leave the fields blank and select Create Reports. Customer report filters include:
- Previous order - If switched to On, will display the customers orders within the selected date range, plus their previous order.
- Subscribe to news - If switched On, will display a column for whether the customer is subscribed to newsletters or not.
- Money spent - Input a minimum and maximum range of money spent.
- Number of Orders - Input a minimum number of order and maximum number of orders.
- Place an order - Filter for the customers who purchased within a specific time frame.
- Account status - Status can be All, Validated, Confirmed, Deleted, or Suspended.
- Date - Filter for customers who signed up within a specific time frame.
- Country - Filter customers by specific countries.
- SKU - Filter customers who purchased a specific SKU.
- Internal ID - Filter customers by internal ID of those who purchased a specific product.
Generating Products Reports
To generate a list of products including their associated information, select Products report in the drop down.
The Type drop down allows selection for All types of products by default. Select physical to generate a list of only physical products, and Digital to generate a list of only digital products.
If preorders only is switched to On, then the generated list will include only preorder products.
Generating Waiting Lists
To generate a list of products that have customers on the waiting list, select Waiting List in the render reports drop down.
The type of products with a waiting list that can be downloaded are All, Physical, or Digital.
Switch preorders to On if you wish to generate a report for all preorder products that have a waiting list.
NOTE: A specific territory MUST be selected in order to generate a waiting list report.
Generating Sales Report
To generate a sales report, select the Sales Report option in the render reports drop down.
Enter the date range for the sales that you wish to include in the report. Fixed date options can also be selected from the date selection drop down. For example, Last 7 days, last 15 days, last month, last 30 days, last year etc
If you would like to include the customers emails, switch "Add customer's email address" to On. If you would like to include preorders that have not been debited yet, switch to On.
Additionally, sales reports can be generated to show all sales related to one SKU, Internal ID, or Track ID.
Generating Revenue Report
To generate a revenue report, select Revenue report in the render reports drop down.
Select the date range. If you wish to include pre-orders that have not been debited, switch the "include not debited pre-orders" to Yes.
The date range can apply to: When the orders are debited, when the transaction were created, when the shipment was requested, when the order was shipped (including deleted orders), or when the order was shipped (excluding deleted orders).
Example Using Pivot Tables
We would like to check the daily booked revenue and quantity, as well as the totals for all titles sold in the last 60 days. Start with downloading a revenue report from 60 days ago until current.
In this case, we would like to see include pre-orders that have not been debited yet, so we will switch "include not debited pre-orders" to "Yes". We will also select the radio button for "Date range applies to:" - "When transaction was created." Add a title if applicable and select the Create reports button.
The report will show an "In queue" status. Depending on how much data needs to be generated, this can take up to a few minutes to process the report to download. Refresh the page periodically until the report shows an "Available" status.
Once the report is available, select the download button on the left to download the report.
NOTE: If no data is available for the time range selected, an "In queue" status will display, but will not generate the report.
Open the revenue report and create a pivot table.
Check the box for "Add this data to the Data Model" and select "OK".
On the pivot table tab, drag the Transaction Created Date (Month/Week/Day) down to the columns field.
Next, we'll add the titles of the products to the Rows field.
Since we're going to check the revenue first, we will drag the "Total amount in USD inc. Taxes" to the Values field.
To see the weekly or daily revenue, expand the + signs next to the months as needed.
Next, we'll copy this tab to create a new one for order quantities on each title.
Right click on the "Sheet1" tab and select Move and Copy, then check the "Create a copy" box.
On the new duplicated tab, remove Sum of Total Amount from the Values field. Replace this with Order ID.
By default, the Order IDs will display in the pivot table. Select the down arrow on Sum of Order ID, and choose Value Field Settings. Under "Summarize value field by" select Distinct Count.
The order quantities for each title will now display.
Next, we'll generate a report for the actual revenue, only the orders that have been debited. Using the same steps as above, select a date range for the last 60 days.
Unlike the report that we created for booked revenue, we will leave the "Include not debited pre-orders" to "NO".
For "Date range applies to" select "When order was debited".
Select the "Create reports" button, download the report, and follow the same steps as above to create the pivot tables for revenue and order quantity.
After downloading the revenue report, add a pivot table using the steps from the first example.
Instead of adding Transaction Creation Date to the column field, we'll use Debit Date. This will show the data for the titles that have been debited within the last 60 days.
The download reports feature makes it simple and easy to generate and gather the data that will help you make the most informed decisions regarding your store.