The Campaign Editor is a tool that allows you to perform many types of discounts by providing specific rules, actions and targets. It is more complex than the discount wizard and usually the discounts with this tool are created by our SOA.
To create a discount campaign using this tool, select “Campaign editor” on the Merchant side bar, in the “Marketing” drop-down menu.
The Campaign information tab will display in order to complete the following fields:
- Campaign name (internal purposes).
- Description (internal purposes).
- Dates of start and end (leaving the end date empty will set the campaign to “infinite”).
- Time zone: the time zone for the corresponding territory.
Important: after saving the campaign, the time zone of the campaign changes to the time zone set on the merchant account for each user.
- Project for which the campaign applies (you must select one specific project).
- Territories (you can select “All territories” or select a specific territory).
- Campaign status: enabled/disabled.
- Campaign is applied: “Automatically” when the user goes to cart; “When a coupon code is entered” only if the customer enters a coupon code; “Based on the loyalty program” allows with the creation of a campaign based on specific loyalty program rules.
- Campaign priority versus other campaigns: The priority changes the order in which the campaigns process. It is useful when multiple campaigns are running on the same product(s). “1” makes the campaign process before any that are set as “2”.
Important considerations: the priorities apply per type of discount. The priority order is coupon campaigns, automatic campaigns and loyalty. If a cart applies to two campaigns, they both will process using the priorities order. This doesn’t mean only the campaign with priority “1” will apply. You need to create specific rules in case you don’t want the rest of the campaigns to apply. Example: order total items.
- Limit of uses: limit the number of uses of the campaign to a specific number.
Important: there is a current bug with this functionality that hides the campaign from the “view campaigns” tab once the campaign has reached the limit of uses.
If your campaign will include limited coupons, this option can be set to “infinite”.
Clicking on “Save” button will create the campaign and assign a unique Campaign ID.
To start creating the rules for the campaign, click on “Rules” tab below the campaign name.
You can create several rules inside a campaign and assign a priority to each rule. To add a new rule, click on “Add new rule” button.
This action will redirect to the “Rule information tab”, where you need to fill the following fields:
- Rule name (internal purposes).
- Description (internal purposes).
- Description in storefront (if you provide a description here, it will be displayed in the cart, customer account and select emails when the discount is applied. This field is not mandatory and is disabled by default. To enable this field, please contact your client success manager).
- Rule status: enabled/disabled.
- Start and end date: (leaving the end date empty will set the campaign to “infinite”). These dates will apply under the selected campaign time zone.
- Rule is applied: “Based on discount (automatic)”; “Based on the loyalty program”; “Loyalty program Cron based” (the rule is equal to the loyalty program but executed when CRON script).
To configure the conditions of the rule, click on “rule conditions” tab. Three blocks will display in order to specify when will the rule apply.
- General conditions: all the conditions that needs to be accomplish in order to apply the discount. By default, the following statement will display:
“If ALL the conditions are TRUE”.
Clicking on “ALL” will display the possibility to switch to “ANY”.
Clicking on “TRUE” will display the possibility to switch to “FALSE”.
- ALL: the total of the set conditions must accomplish to apply the action/s.
- ANY: at least one of the conditions must accomplish to apply the action/s.
- TRUE: the conditions must conform to reality.
- FALSE: the conditions must be erroneous.
Clicking on the + button, will display different set of conditions: general, specific and advanced conditions (for developers).
Inside each condition, other options can also be applied by clicking on the + button of each statement, when applicable.
Clicking on the + button, will remove the condition and the ones within.
- Combination: adds a separate section in case we want to add different possibilities for the discount to apply.
- Product combination: for creating specific rules about the product combination on the cart.
- Order product combination: based on previous orders of the customers (they must be logged-in).
- Package combination: considers the shipping packages.
- Subcart: specific conditions of a small cart inside the whole cart.
- Shipping fee:
- Customer account:
ADVANCED CONDITIONS (DEVELOPERS)
Refers to the action or consequences of the general conditions above.
The “Action to apply” refers to the specific activity that will take place. Clicking on the option will display a drop-down menu with all the available alternatives. Each option will display the correspondent fields in order to set any other important information.
- Add promotional product for each elegible item in cart
- Add promotional subscription product for each elegible item in cart
- Add random product
- Add product in cart
- Add subscription product in cart
- Apply a fixed discount
- Apply a percent discount
- Change the points of a product
- Change the points per product
- Change the points
- Points by price lookup
- Dynamic fixed discount
- Points by price
Refers to the object on which the actions will be applied.
The “Target” refers to the specific object that will receive the action. Clicking on the option will display a drop-down menu with all the available alternatives.
- Customer account
- Highest priced
- Shipping fee
- Shipping fee cheapest
Clicking on the “Save” button and it will save this information.
Campaigns can be activated by using a coupon. This tab will display after selecting “When a coupon code is entered” in the “Campaign is applied” field on the Campaign settings tab.
The main screen of this tab will display all the coupons added to the campaign. You can also search for a coupon using the “Search coupon” field and clicking on “search” button.
For adding coupons, click on “+ Add new coupon” button. You are able to use the “Individual coupon” if you want to add coupons one by one. Enter the code on the “Coupon” field, and select the limitations on the “Uses allowed” fields.
On the “Batch of coupons” tab, you are able to upload a new batch of coupons using a .CSV format (a downloadable example file is available on this section) and to generate a batch of coupons providing the code criteria on the fields below.
Note: We recommend generating or uploading no more than 10k codes per campaign.
These criteria allows you to specify if you will allow non-friendly characters, select the number of codes to generate, the initials or ending characters, the number of characters per code, separators and number of uses.
Note: If you are setting up a campaign for a free physical product, ensure to inform your Account Manager in order for split shipment to be applied.
For examples on how to set up specific types of campaigns, please review How to Set Up Rules for Different Campaigns.